2016 SADCASE 'Drive it Day' 26th April 2016
'Drive It Day' encourages the FBHVC's 520-plus club members and their supporters plus other historic vehicle enthusiasts to use yesterday’s two, three, four or more wheeled vehicles for a day to celebrate the UK’s transport heritage at its finest by demonstrating both the wealth of fascinating machines of all types and ages that are kept in this country and highlighting the large numbers of people engaged in this interest.
For 2016, SADCASE we plan to meet at the East Beach cafe on Littlehampton seafront at 10am for Breakfast or a coffee. Car park is £1.50 for 1 hour. http://www.eastbeachcafe.co.uk/
We will leave at 11am for the 28 mile and 1 hour drive to Loxwood. Here are the directions, printed copies will be produced and dispersed on the day.
1. Leave the cafe and travel west along the B2187 seafront and work your way out of
Littlehampton to join the A259 at the Tesco roundabout.-16 miles/1.6 miles
2. 1st exit and travel west on A259-1.4 miles/3.0 miles
3. Turn right on to Yapton Road B2233 at the Oyster Catcher pub-1.7 iles/4.7 miles
4. At 3rd mini rounderbout take 1st exit to Barnham -1.3 miles/6.0 miles
5. Through Barnham on B2233-1.3 miles/7.3 miles
6. At war memorial roundabout turn right towards Fontwell A27-1.0 miles/8.3miles
7. 2nd exit at r/bout on A27 on to next r/bout -0.5 miles/8.8 miles
8. 1st exit at r/bout on to A29-3.7 miles/12.5 miles
9. At Whiteways/Bury Hill r/bout 1st exit A29-3.1 miles/15.6 miles
10. Turn left on to Bury Road B2138- 2.4 miles/18.0 miles
11. Through Fittleworth and turn right signposted Pulborough and forward to T junction
on A283 and then turn left-0.2 miles/18.2 miles
SEE NOTE BELOW
12. Turn right at the 'dodgy' bend on to Bedham Lane and through Bedham till you join A272
and turn right-3.2 miles/21.6 miles
13. Continue on to Wisborough Green- 3.1 miles/24.7 miles
14. Turn Left in to Durbans Road continue to T. junction 2133-1.3 miles/26.0 miles
15. Turn left on to 2133 towards Loxwood-2.2 miles/28.2 miles
16. Turn right in to Onslow Arms and Wey Arun Canal car park.
Please go through the gate for the Canal car park and find somewhere to park. You can then go in the pub for some refreshments or a meal or you can go on a canal trip. There is a 30 minute trip at 12.30 or a 90 minute trip at 1.30. Both the pub restaurant and the canal trip people advise booking in advance. Here are the links to do so:
Note: The right turn in Fittleworth on the dodgy bend is an awkward sharp right followed by 3.2 miles on a small country lane. If you feel this may cause you or your car problems then follow the alternative route. At point 11 keep left (not right) and then turn left on to the A283 towards Petworth. 2nd turning right staying on the A283 then 2nd right on to Kingspit Lane. Follow the lane to the end and at the T junction turn right on to the A272 to Wisborough Green and back at point 15.