2005 MINI Cooper S Checkmate
With only 44,800 miles, this last of the line R53 supercharged MCS is a fine example of the breed. These cars are getting hard to find with this low mileage. With the added extras of xenon headlamps, height adjustable front seats, trip computer and air conditioning, the car is very usable. These models also had the rather fetching Space Blue paintwork with silver roof and checkmate logos on the front wings. Inside you have matching blue half leather interior and dashboard. The car has a nice service history although it has not been serviced every year prior to my ownership. Given the low mileage this is not something I considered essential when purchasing the car. It has been garaged or covered via a taylor made cover from Sompting based Cover Zone. The car would be sold with the aforementioned cover. Bodywork wise it is excellent and to my eyes has not had any paintwork repairs. There are few little stone chips here and there as you would expect for a 12 year old car. The car can easily hold its own at a show or just be used as a daily fun drive.
As you would imagine the car drives very well with excellent handling. Having owned a classic Mini I can say these R50/53 models are the closest to the original car in terms of handling and character. The car has been enjoyed with attendance to many SADCASE events and Mini events. The reason for sale is to pursue the purchase of another car.
Maintenance wise in my ownership it has had:
• 4 new Pirelli P-Zero 'Run Flat' Tyres to MINI specifications
• It was serviced by the seller (this included a new air filter) About 1,500 miles ago
• All alloys refurbished by Chichester Cars, widely regarded to be the best locally
• New centre caps
• Replacement wheel nuts (all of the orginals were rusty)
• Genuine MINI floor mats (front and back)
• New battery
• New thermostat and housing (common issue on these)
• Coolant change
• Air conditioning re-gas and service
• Replacement rear brakes and pads
• Replacement brake fluid
Finally all of the original book pack including the service portfolio are present. Two orginal keys remotes are also there.
The car will be sold with a new MOT, looking for £4,500